Thursday 10 October 2013

Hydro Seeding

Theres a lot of construction going on around campus that they have to get finished before the cold hits. Bulldozers have been doing some landscaping and now they are re-seeding the grass. I found this pretty interesting after working over the summer planting clover on the farm. This is a bit different to the way we do it back home, there a truck with a tank and a hose. I didnt get a picture of the truck (I was trying not to be too creepy), but It turns out like this.






3 comments:

  1. I have heard of that. I believe it is called hydroseeding. I saw some similar trucks when I was visiting my cousins in Alaska. I wonder if it works better in climates that get as cold as they do there. It is pretty neat to see though. www.hydroseedingandbarkblowersinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some neighbors that did hydroseeding for their lawn last year. I can't believe how well it has grown. I think their lawn looks better and greener than my does. http://www.hydroseedingandbarkblowersinc.com/services.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I have been doing some landscaping and it caused some problems to the lawn. We need to reseed the lawn and I have been looking at the different options. I think that hydro seeding would be a really great option. Thanks for sharing this information! http://hydroseedingsocal.com

    ReplyDelete