Thursday 19 December 2013

Sorry Guys

I've had a few complaints from loyal readers about the lack of activity on here, so sorry about that too. It has been finals week and so everything was due and there was studying to be done. Nothing like NCEA though. The longest exam was 2 hours and I got a double sided A4 sheet for notes.

They put up these cool projectors around the place to 'brighten' up the day.



The first one says "you got this" and the quadratic formula on the side of the maths building. The other says "happy holidays" because saying Merry Christmas is politically inncorrect. These were taken at 10am, about one hour before sunrise, and 4 hours before sunset.




You sometimes forget what the sun actually is, and when it's already dark at 4pm you get really tired and it seems much later than it is. The upside is you get used to the cold so when it's negative 10 all you need is a sweatshirt.

I'm off to warmer and sunnier places tonight. I'm flying down to Portland to see my cousin for a few days before we drive down to San Fransico to spend Xmas with my aunt and uncle.
It will be a gradual temperature rise so hopefully I can adjust.







No comments:

Post a Comment