Monday 13 January 2014

Training Trip

To sum up it was a pretty good few weeks in the sun. We got to train outside and hang out on the beach. I have been comparing the weather here to the weather back in Ak and NZ. It has been down around negative 30 in Ak and around the same temp as NZ ( which i would like to add is in summer and here it is winter).


It was a good change to cook your own food, dorm food can be a bit of a drag. And I got to catch up with some of my cousins that came to watch a meet- they brought friends so I had my own cheer squad.

We have been fortunate enough to have some great hospitality from the LMU swim team. They let us train in their pool. They had a team competition going on and each team cooked us dinner one night. The winning team cooked a good steak and put on plenty of dessert. They let us travel in their bus and the girls were really friendly and funny.


Cant say I got much of a tan in this califorina sun though. Im still a bit hesiatant after being burnt in 10minutes  by New Zealand sun. On the last day we drove down to La Jolla beach, if I ever feel like dropping $1.8 mill on a house it would be a really nice place to live!




No comments:

Post a Comment