Monday 2 September 2013

Move in day

My suitcases explored on the floor. Luckily the room was bigger than I thought. It is not a typical first year room, the hall is usually reserved for 2nd/3rd years but this year it has been opened up to freshmen because it is alcohol free and close to the athletics facilities.
I brought a few too many things but better to have extra than not enough I always say. I was over prepared with a tea towel, plates, shampoo etc but as a girl guide I am always prepared.
Met my awesome new roommate Victoria and our first 'team bonding activity' was to set up the room how we like it. A girl passing by gave us the idea to lift the beds and have the drawers underneath so with the help of dad and his tool man skills we managed it. 
The finished product:




The toilets are just down the hall, the Internet is right outside and on the 3rd floor we get a good view.


Just across from us is the food and 200m to the right is the pool... I won't be going far! This week has activities during the day for orientation and then class and practise starts on Thursday.




1 comment: